Douglas Tompkins Biography, Age, Net Worth and Death Reason Info: Douglas Tompkins, US clothing businessman, has died in a Kayaking accident in Southern Chile at the age of 72. On December 8, he was kayaking with five others on General Carrera Lake in southern Chile when strong waves caused their kayaks to capsize. Tompkins spent a “considerable amount of time” in waters under 40 °F (4 °C). He was flown via helicopter to a hospital in nearby Coyhaique, where he died from severe hypothermia. Get here more information about Douglas Tompkins wiki and bio and also get details about her net worth.
Douglas Tompkins Biography, Age, Net Worth and Death Reason Info
Douglas Tompkins Biography and Age Info: He was born on March 23, 1943 in Ohio, US and died at the age of 72 on December 8, 2015. He spent the first few years of his life in New York City before his family moved to Millbrook, New York. He graduated from Indian Mountain School, a pre-prep school in Lakeville, CT, in 1957. In his senior year at Pomfret School in Connecticut, Tompkins was expelled for various minor infractions.
Net Worth: He co-founded and ran two clothing companies: the outdoor clothing company The North Face; and with his then-wife Susie, the ESPRIT clothing company. According to reports, his Net Worth is over 200 million dollars.
- Name: Douglas Tompkins
- Occupation: Businessman
- Born: March 20, 1943, Ohio, United States
- Died: December 8, 2015
- Spouse: Kris Tompkins (m. 1993)
- Organizations founded: The North Face, Esprit Holdings
- Nationality: American
- Sailor Brinkley Cook Biography, Age, Date of Birth, Boyfriend, Height and Profile Info
- Shirley Stelfox Biography, Age, Death Reason Info| Died Due To Cancer
- Marque Lynche Biography, Age, Girlfriend, Death Reason Info| Former Mickey Mouse Club Star
- Kristy Garett Bio, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Date of Birth Info| Playboy Final Model
This is a shocking news. God Bless his soul.