Suresh Raina, who is out of the Indian cricket team, believes that he can still bat at number-4 in the ODI and T20 team. Raina last played for India in the series against England last year and is trying to return to the team before the T20 World Cup. Two consecutive World Cups are to be played in the year 2020 and 2021.
“The Hindu” was quoted as saying by Raina on Thursday, “I can bat at number-4 for India. I have also batted at that place before and done well. There are two World Cups to be played and I am Looking for opportunity. ”
The number-4 position in the Indian team has been a topic of discussion for a long time. After feeding Ambati Rayudu at number-4 for some time, the selectors selected Vijay Shankar for the World Cup. After Shankar’s injury, young Rishabh Pant is being given a chance at this place, but he has not been able to perform consistently.
Raina said, “He looks confused and is unable to play his natural game. He looks for a single, stops the ball and then feels that he is not understanding things.”
He said, “Somebody needs to talk to them like Mahendra Singh Dhoni does to the players. Cricket is a mental game and Pant needs support so that he can play his aggressive game. It seems that right now he is openly Not playing and it’s not working. ”
Raina also said that Dhoni can still give a lot to the team. “He is still fit, a great wicketkeeper and still the biggest finisher in the game. Dhoni will prove to be important for India in the T20 World Cup,” he said.
More from my site
- Indian Captain Virat Kohli Receives ICC Warning
- Cricket: Rohit Sharma Scored First Century As An Opener In Test Cricket
- Kagiso Rabada Full Wiki,Biography,Age,Date Of Birth,Wikipedia,Profile,South African Player Details
- Dassy Lee Bio,Wiki,Biography,Age,Boyfriend Details| So You Think You Can Dance Contestant
- Jade Roper Wiki,Biography,Age,Boyfriend Full Details| Bachelor In Paradise Season 19 Contestant Info